Also referred to as an administration service, IDPS or investment platform, they are similar to Master
Trusts. Wrap accounts combine (or wrap) all of your investments into one manageable account. They
are commonly used by financial advisers as a means to manage and administer your investments. For a
fee, wrap accounts offer investors:
- a selection of many investments including managed funds and direct shares
- the ability for your adviser to switch investments easily to keep your portfolio in line with your investment strategy
- internet access to view information on your portfolio
- tax and performance reports on your consolidate investments
- access to lower cost wholesale funds
With wraps accounts, you remain the beneficial owner of the portfolio and still have the discretion to
make all the investment decisions.
See also IDPS and master trusts.